- This event has passed.
Metro seeks public input on proposed parking and bus bay changes at West Falls Church Station
October 19, 2022 @ 6:30 pm
For immediate release: September 23, 2022
Metro is seeking public input on proposed changes to commuter parking and bus facilities at West Falls Church Station. The proposed changes would allow Metro and its private development partner to move forward with redevelopment plans, including future mixed-use development and transit facility modernization.
The proposed changes are intended to promote transit-oriented development, increase Metro ridership, and modernize transit facilities. Proposed changes to the site include:
- Eliminating the south surface parking lot, thereby reducing the total number of parking spaces
- Reducing the total number of bus bays
- Reducing the capacity of the Kiss & Ride spaces
- Eliminating or reducing hourly parking meters
Click here to view the proposed plans.
How to provide feedback
- Take a survey and provide written feedback by Monday, October 31, 2022
- Provide testimony at a Public Hearing on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. There are three ways to provide testimony.
- To provide testimony:
- By phone: call 855-925-2801 during the Public Hearing and enter meeting code 4773. Follow the prompts to be put in the speakers’ queue.
- Via video: advance registration is required. Register by emailing email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18, 2022. Please submit only one speaker’s name per request.
- In person: Virginia Tech Northern Virginia Center, 7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, Virginia. We encourage you to register to speak in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (202) 962-2511. Please submit only one speaker’s name per request. Onsite registration will also be available.
- To provide testimony:
- Metro staff will be on-site to answer questions before the Public Hearing.
If you don’t want to provide testimony, but still want to watch or listen to the hearing:
- Watch on Metro’s YouTube channel – or on our Capital and Service Plans page
- Listen via phone by calling 855-925-2801 and entering meeting code 4773.
Public feedback will be provided to Metro’s Board of Directors as part of the final decision-making process.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, or family status. ASL interpretation will be provided. To request other accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other language interpretation services (free of charge), contact the Office of the Board Secretary at 202-962-2511 (TTY: 202-962-2033) or send a message to email@example.com as soon as possible, so Metro can make the necessary arrangements before the public hearing date.