You are here: Home > About > Committees >
- Chairman: Randy Boice, JMT
- Karen Campblin, KTCPlan
- Michelle Smith Cavucci, VHB
- Armand Ciccarelli, Appian Strategic Advisors
- Kerianne Masters, JMT
- Amy Morris, T3 Design Corporation
- Frank Spielberg, Retired
- Dr. Shanjiang Zhu, George Mason University
NVTA Staff Lead
Ian Newman, Regional Transportation Planner
Find out when the next Technical Advisory Committee meeting is scheduled.
Click here for archived Technical Advisory Committee meeting documents
- The Authority shall have a technical advisory committee, consisting of nine individuals who reside or are employed in counties and cities embraced by the Authority and have experience in transportation planning, finance, engineering, construction, or management. Six members shall be appointed by local jurisdictions and three members shall be appointed by the chairman of the Commonwealth Transportation Board. The technical advisory committee shall advise and provide recommendations on the development of projects as required by §15.2-4838 and funding strategies and other matters as directed by the Authority.
- This committee of individuals with multi-modal expertise and regional focus shall be responsible for reviewing the development of major projects and potential funding strategies and providing recommendations to the NVTA. “Development of projects” shall be defined as: the identification of projects for the NVTA long range transportation plan and the NVTA Six Year Program, and the application of performance-based criteria to the projects identified.
- As specified in statute. In addition, seek to balance highway, transit, pedestrian, and bicycle expertise. In general, the membership should also be balanced regionally. NVTA will recommend a list of members each year and submit that list to the local jurisdictions and the chairman of the Commonwealth Transportation Board for approval. The chairman will be selected by the NVTA chairman.