- Chairman: Coucilmember David Snyder, City of Falls Church
- Mayor Jeanette Rishell, City of Manassas Park
- Supervisor John Foust, Fairfax County
- Jim Kolb, Summit Strategies Government Affairs
- Mike Garcia, Fairfax County Department of Transportation
- Cathy McGhee, Virginia Transportation Research Council
- Hari Sripathi, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Kamal Suliman, Virginia Department of Transportation (Alternate)
- Dr. Robert Schneider, Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission
- Andrew Meese, Transportation Planning Board
- Greg Rogers, SAFE
- Nicholas Zabriskie, Uber
- Dr. Richard Mudge, Compass
- Jana Lynott, AARP
- Joe McAndrew, Greater Washington Partnership
- Martin Walker, Virginia Tech
- Tim Melrose, Ernst & Young (Alternate)
- Myra Blanco, Virginia Tech (Alternate)
NVTA Staff Lead
No TTC meetings are currently scheduled. The date of the next meeting will be posted here, when available.
THE NEXT MEETING MAY BE HELD ELECTRONICALLY – The TTC Meeting link will be sent to Committee Members. The public can view the meeting on NVTA’s YouTube Channel.
The next Meeting Packet will be posted here, when available.
- The TTC, a NVTA Executive Director’s committee, will provide advice and guidance to the Executive Director.
The Northern Virginia Transportation Authority has a strong interest in the potential role of transportation technologies and related travel trends, in helping the region address its mobility challenges. The Authority has a pending $15M funding request to the Commonwealth for a Regional Multi-Modal Mobility Program project that will use transportation technologies to enable new approaches in this regard. To support this and similar future initiatives, the Authority’s Executive Director, Monica Backmon, has established a Transportation Technology Committee (TTC)::
- To advise the NVTA Executive Director on multi-modal transportation technologies and related transportation trends that support (or endanger) the vision of the Authority as stated in its current Five-Year Strategic Plan;
- To make specific recommendations for consideration by the NVTA Executive Director related to the development of TransAction, the regional, multi-modal, long-range transportation plan for Northern Virginia, and the development of updates to the Authority’s Six Year Program. Such recommendations may include the use of transportation technologies to complement traditional transportation infrastructure and enhance the operation and performance of the regional transportation system; and
- To develop an evidence-based body of knowledge that will educate and inform regional policy makers on multi-modal transportation technologies and related transportation trends.
The TTC will address transportation technologies and related trends that are occurring on multiple, overlapping timelines, e.g. today, during the next couple of years, and on a multi-decadal basis.
- The Committee shall consist of transportation professionals and thought leaders collectively representing a broad range of perspectives relevant to the development, implementation, operation, and impact of transportation technologies. Approximately half of the Committee members shall be employees in the public sector, at the state, regional, or local levels. Committee members shall be invited by the Executive Director, although the Committee may recommend additional members from disciplines that are both relevant to, and under-represented on, the Committee.