Date(s) - October 7, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
October 7, from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (600 Dulaney St), Madison Clara Barton Auditorium
Event Description: The event will start with an open house from 6:30 to 7 p.m., and will be followed by a presentation and panel discussion featuring transportation experts on the challenges, opportunities, and lessons learned that Alexandria should consider as it develops a mobility plan to prepare for the future and make Alexandria a better place to live, work, and visit. Speakers include:
- Ryan Sullivan, Greater DC Area General Manager of Via, Transportation Company and Alexandria’s newest rideshare service
- Linda Bailey, DC’s Vision Zero Director and former Executive Director of the National Association of City Transportation Officials
- Jordan Davis, Director of Smart Columbus for the Columbus Partnership, leading strategy and public-private partnerships for the Central Ohio region’s $550 million smart cities initiative
- Emiko Atherton, Director of the National Complete Streets Coalition from Smart Growth America. Smart Growth America works with urban planners and developers to think strategically about building better towns and cities
- Adam Cohen and Susan Shaheen (moderators) are transportation futurists, thought leaders, and mobility researchers at the Transportation Sustainability Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley
Thank you to the nearly 900 people who completed the Visioning Feedback Form! This presentation includes initial findings from the survey. More work will be done over the next few months to ensure that we captured the needs and priorities of the entire City before we finalize a draft vision and guiding principles for the plan.