(Deadline to comment: May 1, 2021)
For Immediate Release
March 1, 2021
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT), in collaboration with regional, county and community partners, is continuing to address the transportation of all users with the launch of the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan development and community engagement effort. Active transportation means self-propelled, human-powered travel including walking, biking, rolling (scooter/wheelchair/stroller), hiking, running and riding. The ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan will establish a vision and a roadmap for implementation of safe, convenient, and enjoyable streets, sidewalks, bike facilities, and trails in Fairfax County.
“Community input is critical to the success of this planning effort,” said Chris Wells, the Active Transportation Program Manager at FCDOT. “We want to hear all perspectives from families biking and walking within the community to individuals who use scooters and bike share as part of their commute. This is the only way to create a comprehensive and functional plan that truly supports the needs of the community.”
Your Voice Matters – 3 Ways to Get Involved
To provide your input and participate in the development of the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/bike-walk/activefairfax. There are three ways for you to get involved today (community input will be accepted through Saturday, May 1, 2021.)
1. Take a Survey: Help us understand how you currently use active transportation – to travel to a destination, for recreation or exercise, or just for fun – and share your ideas on the future of active transportation in Fairfax County. If you would like to request a paper copy of this survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 877-5600, TTY 711.
- Provide feedback through the online survey. The online survey is available in the following languages:
2. Map Your Ideas: Add information into two interactive maps on destinations, barriers to active travel, and missing links in the active transportation network.
3. Share Your Thoughts: Let us hear from you! Send the Active Transportation Team an email email@example.com, or call 703-877-5600, TTY 711, to share your ideas.
Stay Informed and Connected
A series of community meetings and additional engagement opportunities will be scheduled during the development of the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan. To stay informed of these future engagement opportunities:
- Visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/bike-walk/activefairfax and while you are there, sign up for the ActiveFairfax Transportation Plan Newsletter.
- Contact the FCDOT Active Transportation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 703-877-5600, TTY 711.
- Follow FCDOT on Facebook @FFXTransportation and subscribe to Fairfax County transportation text or email alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts.