- This event has passed.
Route 15 North Widening Public Information Meeting
October 29, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Route 15 North Widening: Battlefield Parkway to Montresor Road
Virtual Public Information Meeting
October 29, 2020, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Welcome to Loudoun County’s Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure’s (DTCI’s) Public Input Meeting site. The Route 15 North Widening project (using NVTA regional revenues) includes the design, land acquisition, utility relocation and construction to widen Route 15 from two to four lanes between Battlefield Parkway and Montresor Road. The project is based on congestion, safety and operational studies that were performed between 2016 and 2018, endorsed by the Board of Supervisors on May 18, 2017 and expanded by the Board on September 20, 2018. The project scope includes:
- A widened Route 15 to a rural four-lane median divided roadway.
- A signalized Continuous Green “T” (CGT) intersection at North King Street to allow through traffic to continue north on Route 15 without stopping.
- Replacement of the existing signalized intersection at Whites Ferry Road to accommodate the four-lane roadway.
- A two-lane hybrid roundabout at Montresor Road.
- A realigned section of Limestone School Road to connect with the Montresor Road roundabout.
- A shared use path on the west side of Route 15 from Tuscarora High School to Montresor Road.
- A shared use path along the entire length of Whites Ferry Road.
- A transition of the four lane roadway to the existing two lane section north of Montresor Road.
- Context sensitive design methodology and Journey Through Hallowed Ground design guidelines where feasible.
The project is funded by local taxes, general obligation bonds, cash proffers and the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA). While the Board of Supervisors has already established the project’s major elements as outlined above. DTCI is interested in public feedback on how these elements are implemented to reduce impacts to properties and natural resources. To deliver the needed safety and congestion mitigation benefits as quickly as practicable, construction is being split into two phases. The first phase will include improvements between Battlefield Parkway and Whites Ferry Road / Raspberry Drive with construction anticipated to begin in 2024. The second phase will include improvements between Whites Ferry Road and Montresor Road and the relocation of Limestone School Road with construction anticipated to begin in 2026.
This site provides information to assist you in understanding the traffic and safety design issues being considered on Route 15 North from Battlefield Parkway to Montresor Road. In the tabs below, you can view and download meeting materials; sign up to speak during the live portion of the meeting; and leave a comment.
To stay informed about the Route 15 North Widening: Battlefield Parkway to Montresor Road project, including design and construction updates, visit the project page.
Please review the exhibits below in preparation for the public information meeting.
Overall Corridor Exhibit
Route 15 North Widening Typical Section
Green T Intersection
Route 15 North and Whites Ferry Intersection
Landscape – Journey Through Hallowed Ground
Whites Ferry Road Shared Use Path
Phase 1 – Route 15 North Widening Improvements
Phase 2 – Route 15 North Widening Improvements
Notice of Electronic Meeting: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, this public meeting will be conducted as an electronic meeting under the Continuity Ordinance re-adopted by the Board of Supervisors on September 15, 2020.
- October 29, 2020
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- NVTA Offices
3040 Williams Dr
Fairfax, VA 22031 United States