- This event has passed.
Prentice Drive-Lockridge Rd to Loudoun County Pkwy Public Comment Period
July 26 @ 12:00 am - August 13 @ 5:00 pm
**NVTA-funded project – $76,230,000
- This project provides for the design, right of way (ROW) acquisition and construction of a new segment of Prentice Drive (Route 1071) in Ashburn, VA from Lockridge Road (Route 789) to Loudoun County Parkway (Route 607). The roadway will be a four-lane urban major collector with turn lanes, in-road bike lanes and sidewalks.
- The scope of work was originally part of a larger project which included a new segment of Prentice Drive from Loudoun County Parkway to Shellhorn Road (Route 643) but is now being developed separately.
- For information about the adjoining Prentice Drive project, view the Capital Improvement Project Report for Prentice Drive (Loudoun County Parkway to Shellhorn & Lockridge West from Prentice to Waxpool) (PDF).
- When both projects to construct Prentice Drive are completed, existing Prentice Drive will extend west from Lockridge Road to Shellhorn Road, providing essential connectivity to the Ashburn Metro station.
- Funding for the project includes Local Tax funding and cash proffers.
- Design completion is currently estimated for summer 2023.
Current Status: July 2021
- Loudoun County is requesting input on this project from July 26, 2021 through August 13, 2021. More information is provided below.
- Field work was completed in the first quarter of 2021, including the survey, utility designations and the initial geotechnical investigation.
- Design plans at 30% completion have been submitted to Building and Development (B&D) and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) for review and comment.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Prentice Drive project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
Public Comment Requested
Loudon County is requesting input on this project from July 26, 2021 through August 13, 2021. Please review the Exhibit and Presentation below and submit a comment.
If you need an accommodation, please contact Shawn Zelman with the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure by email or call 703-737-8624. At least three business days of advance notice is requested; some accommodations require more time to arrange.
- Prentice Drive/Lockridge Road West Concept Study 2016 (PDF)
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.