- This event has passed.
CTB INVITES PUBLIC FEEDBACK ON TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS, INITIATIVES
May 3, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
Emily Wade, VDOT
Haley Glynn, DRPT
April 21, 2021
COMMONWEALTH TRANSPORTATION BOARD INVITES PUBLIC FEEDBACK ON TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS, INITIATIVES
Public encouraged to provide input on projects that are recommended for funding at virtual public meetings, online, by email, and by mail
RICHMOND, Va. – The Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) will host nine virtual meetings across the Commonwealth and is inviting the public to share feedback on transportation projects that have been recommended for funding, as well as other transportation initiatives. Members of the community may participate by attending virtual public meetings or submitting comments online, by email, or by mail.
The public will have an opportunity to learn and share feedback about:
- The Draft FY 2022-2027 Six-Year Improvement Program (SYIP), which allocates public funds to highway, road, bridge, rail, bicycle, pedestrian, public transportation, and transportation demand management projects. The Draft FY 2022-2027 SYIP identifies projects proposed for inclusion in the final program, which will be before the CTB at its June meeting. All federally eligible projects in the SYIP will be included in the federally required Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) to document how Virginia will obligate its federal funds. The Draft FY 2022-2027 SYIP includes projects recommended for funding in the following programs:
- SMART SCALE, a data-driven project prioritization process that directs limited funding to the most critical transportation needs. Projects are scored considering the following factors: safety, congestion reduction, accessibility, land use, environmental quality, and economic development.
- State of Good Repair, a program that provides funding for deteriorated pavements and structurally deficient bridges owned or maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and or localities.
- Innovation and Technology Transportation, a program that funds initiatives pertaining to high-tech infrastructure improvements.
- Interstate Operations and Enhancement, a program to improve the safety, reliability, and travel flow along interstate highway corridors.
- Comments will also be accepted for projects valued at more than $25 million.
The public meetings are scheduled in each of the locations as noted below:
The meetings will be conducted using electronic communications in accordance with Item 4-0.01.g. of Chapter 1289 (2020 Acts of Assembly), as the COVID-19 emergency makes it impracticable or unsafe to assemble in a single location.
There will be opportunity for public comment. When announced, public comment can be made during a meeting by calling in to the number set out in the table above for that particular meeting and entering the PIN when prompted. Callers will be placed on hold until others in the queue ahead of them have had the opportunity to speak. No comments can be made by means of the livestreaming function. You may also provide written comments using online forms at the following link: ctb.virginia.gov/planning/springmeetings2021/default.asp.
- Six-Year Improvement Program:
- VDOT: org/projects/syp-default.asp
- DRPT: virginia.gov/finance-procurement/overview/
You can also submit your comments via online form, email, or mail by May 17, 2021:
- For roads and highways: Six-YearProgram@VDOT.Virginia.govor Infrastructure Investment Director, Virginia Department of Transportation, 1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219.
- For transit and rail: DRPTPR@drpt.virginia.govor Public Information Office, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, 600 East Main Street, Suite 2102, Richmond, VA 23219.
For additional information about the CTB, visit ctb.virginia.gov/.