BRT Station Design Input-Survey and Upcoming Events-Fairfax County
August 2 @ 8:00 am - August 14 @ 5:00 pm
Fairfax County wants your input on which “Community Charm” elements should be included in each of its future Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) stations.
- The “Community Charm” initiative is focused on integrating artwork into each BRT station to reflect the history, identity, and character of the neighborhoods surrounding each station area.
- We will be working with students from local schools to design artwork for the windscreen area (shown in blue with a black boundary on the graphic above), based on themes developed with the community.
1. Complete a survey through August 14:
2. Stop by an upcoming “mini-meeting” pop-up event:
Tuesday, August 2 – Come visit the table at a National Night Out event
- 6-8:00pm @ Meadow Woods Apartments (3308 Lockheed Blvd)
- 6-7:30pm @ Gum Springs Community Center (8100 Fordson Rd)
Wednesday, August 3
- 8a-12p @ McCutcheon/Mount Vernon Farmers Market (2501 Sherwood Hall Ln)
Tuesday, August 9
- 6:30-8pm @ Gum Springs Community Center (8100 Fordson Rd)
Wednesday, August 10
- 3:30-6:30pm @ Original Mt Vernon High School (8333 Richmond Hwy) – in front of the bus loop
Once Fairfax County has refined the themes, they will have another round of community review on potential windscreen designs.
Visit fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/richmond-hwy-brt for more information about the Richmond Highway BRT Project.