Six Year Program Public Outreach
From Friday, April 13, 2018 through midnight on Sunday, May 20, 2018, the Authority accpted public comments on its FY 2018-2023 Six Year Program. Now that the public comment period has come to an end, NVTA staff is reviewing and assessing all public comments, project ratings, Congestion Reduction Relative to Cost (CRRC) ratios and additional qualitative considerations in order to bring a final Six Year Program (FY2018-2023) recommendation to the Authority meeting on June 14th. At that time, the Authority will take action on funding its first Six Year Program.
If you’d like to learn more about the Candidate Projects, check out the information and data linked below.
- A list of Candidate Projects
- A map of Candidate Projects
- Individual Project Description Forms
- Summary of Quantitative and Qualitative Evaluations
- Congestion Reduction Relative to Cost (CRRC) Ratios
- TransAction Project Ratings (HB599)
Public Outreach Events
The Northern Virginia Transportation Authority planned several public outreach events for the Six Year Program’s public comment period, in conjunction with its jurisdictions and agencies. The events that took place are detailed below.
Sunday, April 29, 11am – 2pm — NVTA at City of Alexandria’s Love Your Pet Day Block Party
- Location: 18 Roth Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Monday, April 30, 5:30pm — NVTA at VDOT’s Public Hearing for FY 2019-2024 Six-Year Improvement Program (SYIP)
- Location: Northern Virginia District Office Potomac Conference Room 4975 Alliance Drive Fairfax, VA 22030
Thursday, May 3, 7:30pm — Arlington County Transportation Commission Meeting
- Location: 2100 Clarendon Blvd, County Board Room 307, Arlington, VA 22201
Tuesday, May 8, 7:00pm — City of Fairfax Meeting
- Location: Room 100 of the City Hall Annex, 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030
Wednesday, May 9, 6:00pm — Loudoun County Board of Supervisors Public Hearing
- Location: 1 Harrison Street S.E.; 1st Floor, Leesburg, VA 20175
Wednesday, May 9, 7:00pm — Fairfax County Public Meeting for Six Year Program
- Location: Mount Vernon Governmental Center Community Room: 2511 Parkers Lane, Alexandria 22306
Thursday, May 10 — NVTA Six Year Program Open House & Public Hearing
- The Open House begins at 5:30 p.m. and the Public Hearing will begin directly after a Six Year Program presentation at 7:00 p.m.
- Location: NVTA Offices, 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22031
- Thanks to the Fairfax Connector, shuttle service will be provided at the Dunn Loring-Merrifield Metro station on Metro’s Orange Line beginning at 5:15 p.m. Passengers can board shuttle buses labeled “SHUTTLE” at Bus Bay B located across from the kiss-and-ride station exit. The bus will depart Bus Bay B starting at 5:15 and will leave every 30 minutes for the NVTA Offices. The last shuttle will depart NVTA Offices approximately one half hour following the last speaker.
- Pre-register to make a public comment at the Public Hearing by emailing TheAuthority@TheNoVaAuthority.org, calling 703-642-4652 or signing up in person on the evening of May 10th.
Monday, May 14, 7:30pm — Falls Church City Council Meeting
- Location: Falls Church City Hall, 300 Park Ave., Falls Church, VA 22046
Thursday, May 17, 7:00pm — Fairfax County Public Meeting for Six Year Program
- Location: Fairfax County Government Center Rooms 9/10: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax 22035
Thursday, May 17, 7:00pm — Prince William County Meeting for Six Year Program
- Location: Loch Lomond Elementary School, 7900 Augusta Rd, Manassas, VA 20111
Friday, May 18, 6:00 – 9:00am — NVTA Celebrates Bike to Work Day
- Location: W&OD Trail at Little Falls Street, Falls Church, VA